Patient Feedback

Patient Feedback

We intend to provide the highest possible standard of service and we try to deal swiftly with any problems that may occur.

Our aim is to enhance your overall patient care experience, improve communication and help reduce/eliminate complaints.

Patient Liaison Officer

We offer a discreet and confidential service to patients and their families or Carers to resolve any issues as quickly as possible. If you would like to discuss your concerns please ask to speak to our Patient Liaison Officer, Alison Stubbs. The purpose of which is to:

Find out what happened and investigate what went wrong
Identify ways in which similar problems can be prevented
Provide an apology where this is appropriate

How to make a complaint

If you do not wish to talk to our Patient Liaison Officer,Alison Stubbs you can make a complaint in writing. Please do this as quickly after the event as possible as this will enable us to investigate what happened. Please provide as much information as possible such as dates, times and names.

Written complaints should be addressed to The Patient Liaison Officer, Burntwood Health Centre, Hudson Drive, Burntwood, Staffordshire, WS7 0EW.

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 days either by telephone or in writing. We will make every attempt to investigate further and respond to your complaint within 28 working days. However, if your issues are complex or key staff members are on leave this may take a little longer. In response we may write or offer you a meeting with the people involved.

Patients who make a complaint will not be discriminated against. All issues you raise will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your current or future care.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please be aware that we cannot breach the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else we shall require their consent to inform you of the outcome of our investigations.

Alternatively, if you would like to speak to someone an external for help with making a complaint or if you find it difficult to make a complaint yourself and want someone to speak for you, contact ‘Healthwatch’
Telephone: 0800 1615600 or Email:
Or write to: Healthwatch Staffordshire NHS Complaints Advocacy, Opus House, Priestly Court, Staffordshire Technology Park, Stafford, ST18 0LQ

If you are not happy with our response

If you feel that we have not responded to your concerns fully please do not hesitate to come back to us to discuss further. However, if you feel this is not possible, please contact the NHS England Customer Contact Centre:

PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT or telephone: 0300 311 2233 or email:

If you remain unhappy after you have received responses from both the Practice and NHS England, you have the right to ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review your case. The Health Service Ombudsman carries out independent investigations into complaints about UK government departments and the NHS in England.

You can contact the Health Service Ombudsman at Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP. Telephone: 0345 015 4033 or email: or visit their website at .

You may also seek advice from the following:
NHS Complaints Advocacy Service: website tel 0300 330 5454
POhWER: website tel 0300 456 2364, email pohwer@pohwer, minicom 0300 456 2364, text the word ‘pohwer’ to 81025, fax 0300 456 2365, post POhWER, PO Box 14043, Birmingham, B6 9BL

Care Quality Commission (CQC) tel 03000 616161, e-mail: website: .

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website